I love attending local fun runs and have participated in many over the last several years. I can’t believe I haven’t had the opportunity to experience a color run yet. I was going to go to the Color Fun Fest last spring, but the event date conflicted with the kid’s swim team meet, so I couldn’t go.
I am so excited that the Color Fun Fest 5K is coming back to Houston this Fall for a Halloween Edition on November 1st and that they invited me to be their guest to join in on the fun.
My kids participated in two triathlons this summer and Jackson is on his school’s cross country team, so you could say that races are starting to “run” in the family. (I know, I’m terrible. I just couldn’t help it!) So we are all going to do the Color Fun Fest together. The best part is, kids 12 and under participate for FREE!
Since the event is the day after Halloween, costumes are encouraged. They have two runs; a day run at 5:00 p.m. and an evening run at 7:00 p.m.
This is a fun run so it’s not timed. The 3.1 mile course includes:
- 5 color stations along the run with thousands of pounds of color to shower runners (made of vibrant food-grade cornstarch that is safe and natural)
- High energy music along the course to keep families pumped up
- Night run features industrial strength blacklights and visual effects
- 2 water stations on the course
- A course with enough lighting to safely run at night
- Post run celebration with vendors, food and live entertainment
November 1, 2014 : 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm. Day Run starts at 5:00 PM / Night Run starts at 7:00 PM. Event concludes at 10:00 p.m.
Sam Houston Race Park – 7575 North Sam Houston Pkwy W, Houston TX 77064
Join the fun and get your tickets now. Still Living The Dream readers can score tickets for an epic discount….just $20!
Use discount code: LIVINGTHEDREAM when you register here.
Not in Houston? Color Fun Fest events are happening all over the country. Check them out online for a city and date near you!
I am receiving complimentary tickets to the race on November 1st in return for promotion of the event; however, I’m not receiving any other compensation and all thoughts and opinions are my own.