I’ve got a great idea. The California Wine Club.
Last month I received and reviewed two bottles of Seven Brothers wine from The Robledo Family Winery and LOVED them. This month I got this pretty package in the mail from The California Wine Club.
In my shipment I received two bottles of Daniel Gehrs wine. Ed and I loved the bottle of 2011 Chenin Blanc. A gold, silver and bronze medal winning wine, Daniel Gehrs White Hills Vineyard Chenin Blanc is a dry, white wine with a hint of pear taste. This bottle was very refreshing and we enjoyed it before and along with our seafood dinner (which we’ve been eating a lot of lately. I’m up to 46 pounds lost since July! Wahoo!!!)
I love how being a part of the wine club has broadened my tastes. Before when I reached for a bottle of white wine, I wouldn’t have selected a Chenin Blanc and definitely wouldn’t have known to try a bottle from Daniel Gehrs. Thanks to the California Wine Club, I now know what I’ve been missing!
We are saving the second bottle that arrived this month, a 2009 Central Coast Merlot (a gold, double gold and silver medal winning wine) for a get together we are having later this month for our family. We have a merlot fan in our family and he has never tried Daniel Gehrs. I can’t wait to be the one to introduce him to a new wine from a smaller winery.
Since more than three-quarters of California’s 3,500+ wineries are small, boutique, mom-and-pop operations whose wines never travel beyond their local markets and private customer lists, it’s unlikely that without the wine club I would have encountered a Daniel Gehrs bottle. Now I get to share it with those I love (and look like quite the wine connieseur!)
The Benefits of Becoming a California Wine Club Member…
- Discovering smaller, award-winning wineries whose wines are not typically found in local stores or wine shops. You can read about recently featured wineries and the families behind their award-winning wines here!
- A fun and easy way to learn about wine and California’s wine scene with our informative and beautiful 12-page, full color newsletter, Uncorked.
- Convenient, “to your door” delivery.
- No more guessing, no hassle and no more bad wine.
- Your wines can be delivered monthly, every other month or even quarterly.
- No bulk, closeout or private label wines… ever!
- Three and four bottle shipments are available, and they’ll pay the extra cost of shipping.
- Winery Direct means no distributor, no middleman and the best choice of wine at the lowest possible price.
- Savings of up to 50% off normal retail when you reorder your favorites.
- Experienced wine consultants to assist you with your wine choices and questions.
- Wine Country Travel Experts…let them help you plan your next wine country getaway.
Give a Gift of Great Wine to Yourself or Someone You Love!
You can give the gift of a wine club membership to a friend or family member this season at an affordable price. Just be sure to act fast as the ground shipping deadline for Christmas is December 12th! All orders placed after December 12th will incur air charges to arrive by December 25th. Visit www.cawineclub.com online to begin your wine adventure today!
Win a $50 Gift Certificate to The California Wine Club!
How about a little Christmas “cash” to get you started on your journey with The California Wine Club?
One Still Living The Dream reader will win a $50 CWC Gift Certificate! Giveaway is only open to those in the U.S. and you must be 21 or older to be qualified. Sorry, they cannot deliver to Utah. A winner will be selected at random from comments below on December 12, 2012, at 11:59 CST. If you win, you can keep the gift certificate to use for yourself or give it as a gift!
To enter, just leave a comment below with your favorite type of wine. More chances? You got it! Leave a SEPARATE comment for each below that you do!
- Follow Still Living The Dream on Pinterest
- Follow Still Living The Dream on Twitter
- Like Still Living The Dream on Facebook
- Follow The California Wine Club on Twitter
- Like The California Wine Club on Facebook
- Tweet this: “I want to win a $50 gift certificate to The California Wine Club @cawineclub @jpatrickcomm http://www.stilllivingthedream.com/2012/12/celebrating-the-holidays-with-california-wine-club-giveaway.html”
This review was made possible by Mom Spark Media. Thoughts are my own. I received a 2 month Membership to the California Wine Club for the purpose of this review.