Well, we’re in the throws of summer vacation. If you’re not up for packing the kids up in the family truckster and heading to America’s Favorite Family Fun Park to see Marty Moose – there’s some fun stuff to do in town.
Luckily, I’m starting to get my groove with balancing kids and work. For when I’m not working, the kids have put together a list of things they want to do. I’m not sure if we’ll get to them all – but I thought I share with you some of the highlights to see if they sound good to you, too. And if you’ve “been there/done that” – please share your experience!
- Schlitterbahn in Galveston. How is it that I’ve lived in Houston since 1983 and I’ve never been to a Schlitterbahn park? The Galveston one is pretty new and closer than the one in the Hill Country – so I think we’ll try it out.
- The Health Museum’s current exhibit on animation. Jackson is really into cartoons and comics and loves to draw. I think this will be right up his alley and I’m hoping it lives up to how cool it looks on their website. It’s supposed to be really interactive.
- Space Center Houston Clone Wars exhibit. I took Jackson here last summer and he enjoyed it. We’ll forego the tram tour this time, which took a long time and wasn’t too interesting to him, and spend more time at the exhibit.
- ITZ. My kids love this place. It’s like Chuck E. Cheese on steriods and kind of expensive at the rate Jackson goes through “tokens” so I’ve been putting it off all year. But I think I’ll cave and take them this summer. I want to check out Mountasia as well. Anyone been there?
- We also might check out some pottery painting places and have joined the Harris County Public Library’s book club. Barnes and Noble has one too and at both places you can earn a free book!
- The Galleria has a Lego store now and once a month they have a free event where you can build something and take it home. Sounds like it could be a zoo – but we might give it a try.
If you have any ideas for fun things to do in Houston – leave a comment! For other ideas, you can also check out http://www.savvysource.com/event/home_houston_tx for other family fun ideas in the area.
And have fun! (Just don’t put Aunt Edna on the roof of the car or tie your dog to the back bumper!)